Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sooooo in about eight hours I will no longer be Courtney but Miss Breann J I can’t believe school is starting tomorrow!! My classroom is as tidy and clean as it’s going to get. Well. Besides the little bathroom I have in my classroom. But lets not talk about that. I’ll have to get some pictures up of my room and kids soon. Friday I think I’m going to have all my kids put their hand print in paint up on some poster board that I got and then we can put them up on my bare walls J Oh, Amy and I recently discovered that we have a few new roommates. One being a mouse that decided her computer chord was absolutely delicious and worthy of chewing, a gecko the size of a woolly mammoth (and company), and wandering ants that find my bed as comfortable as I do. I was the lucky one to first site the mouse haha it was so funny. I had just put a delicious chocolate cake in the oven for Shaun’s birthday and was sitting down when I see something (literally) crawling out of our stove. I was like WHAT is happening?!?! And then I saw that it was the little wire eating culprit. We unfortunately didn’t catch him, but I was perfectly fine with that cuz he didn’t eat my chocolate cake. Otherwise the wrath of Miss Breann would have rained down upon him. The girls are rather terrified about our new little oven dwelling roommate but I think he’d look rather cute if he was wearing a bowtie…anyway, oh my I’m so excited about tomorrow! I can’t really sleep, which is exactly why I’m writing on my blog right now J decided to use up the good old internet card. Oh dear, that can get a little expensive. So tonight Mr. B (the principal had everyone over to celebrate Shaun’s birthday. It was so amazing. They cooked an incredible meal for us (my favorite meal since I’ve been here) they even made three birthday cakes and had ice cream! But that wasn’t even the best part, there was fruit and a, wait for it…drum roll….salad!!! Amy and I were SO excited. We’ve been going crazy, it’s so hard to get fruit and veggies over here. but tonight we had cantaloupe and the best pineapple ever and watermelon and rice and these deep fried banana things, and fish (it was actually really good) and grill cheese sandwiches (definitely a treat, considering we can’t afford cheese). So that was really cool. Oh, and Mr. B has a piano! I’m not going to lie, that is something I’ve really been missing. There is just something about sitting down at a piano and singing that makes me feel whole. When we went to church on Sabbath there was a piano and I was soo excited until they started playing it at church. I’m pretty sure I have NEVER heard a piano that out of tune. Haha it was actually pretty funny. Definitely couldn’t sing to that one J well…I probably should get some sleep so I have some energy tomorrow. Oh boy. Now the real adventure begins. Oh and by the way I have twenty students and no teacher’s aid! One of the third grade classrooms only has eleven kids and an aid. I was like huh… haha so this will be fun! J

2 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds like crazy mad fun times....i know you're going to be an awesome teacher Miss Breann! I'm excited to hear more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Max! :) i'm trying to put up pictures, but my internet is to slow, it won't load them :( i put some up on face book though! hope your summer is rockin!

    ReplyDelete