Sunday, August 9, 2009

So I have decided! Its official, I am definitely going to be able to get used living here! J it is soo beautiful and the people are so sincere and welcoming. They threw us a welcoming party last night. there was literally tables of food! and the woman did a pohnpeian dance for us, so fun :) On Sabbath almost all of the SM’s came over to our apartment and we made spagetti. It was awesome. We have such a great group of random missionaries! Much to my delight, we have two Australian boys J I love their accents, but I have quickly learned that I am supposed to never relate them to New Zealanders, haha so our potluck was fun. We seriously had like twelve of us in our little kitchen. I think that will be a tradition that we start, and I’m looking forward to it. Then we went to these twin waterfalls way out in the jungle Sabbath afternoon. Haha if my Father saw the way we get around here, he’d probably have a heart attack J its awesome, we all climb in the back of these like old truck things, one of them kind of looks like a little fire truck and we all just stand and hang on while we are like off roading through the jungle. Oh and the waterfalls..AMAZING. Oh my goodness! I’m trying to put pictures up as soon as I have enough internet! It was sooo beautiful! We climbed all over them and jumped off and swam in the pools. I was most definitely in my happy place! Then it started pouring rain and everyone found shelter under this little metal sheet thing, but not me! I was loving the rain! Its so warm, needless to say I was drenched and smiling ear to ear J Oh my, may I please deviate from the topic of hand and inform you that I am currently sitting on my bed typing this attempting to eat a bowl of granola without breathing through my nose because it smells like pig! Its rather difficult…anyway Sunday morning wasn’t quite as enjoyable as sabbath I must admit. I went to see my classroom and let me tell you, there is SO much work to be done! My classroom is ridiculously dirty and stuff is kind of just all over the place. It was slightly overwhelming cuz I wasn’t sure where to start. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many spiders in one setting, good thing I’m not terrified of them. It just made me realize how amazing we have it in the states, even like our “ghetto” Adventist schools. Wow. All of the desks are rusted badly, the floor is uneven cement that is almost black, I don’t think I have enough books for some subjects etc. oh, and the books are all wet from the humidity and gross. I wish I had better materials to give to my kids..It will take much cleaning and organizing before I can start decorating my classroom or doing anything fun. And on top of that I have to start my lesson plans! School starts Thursday, so I’m excited but a little nervous cuz there is so much to be done. And I am still waiting to go surfing, we haven’t been able to go to a beach or anything, however we did go to this like lagoon yesterday and a few of us jumped off this roof of this like abandoned house thing into ocean that was fun. The boys are hilarious, they all have nick names for themselves, and I’m pretty sure they just decided that Amy and I are worthy of being nick named as well. Apparently they have decided that I’m seaweed haha I’m definitely going to enjoy getting to know everyone better. I can tell, we have an awesome year ahead of us. The beginning is just a little stressful! Anyway, thanks for your prayers, I really appreciate them and need them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment