Saturday, February 13, 2010

Clubbing in Pohnpei!

Last night was….well, interesting. All I can say is, Filipinos now how to Party! Haha, last night was the second Filipino party I have attended since I’ve been here, and let me say, they are hilarious! I went because MJ had been practicing three dances for weeks and she was performing them last night. She was amazing of course! It was so cool! They did a rockin Michael Jackson dance! Anyway, for those of you who have not had the privilege of ever attending a Filipino party, there is ALWAYS karaoke involved! Haha and last night there ended up being some dancing as well! Lets just say that I never thought I’d find myself clubbing in Pohnpei. At the very end of the program they put on some music and Joy and I grabbed Barbie and Andrew (two of the SM guys that came last night) and started busting out the dance moves. For those of you who have not had the privilege of attending a Filipino party OR seeing me dance the night away I apologize for you are truly missing out. My dance moves include a wonderful collection of the lawn mower, the q-tip, the shopping cart, some Christian character choreography moves, and a few disco moves I learned from a workout DVD. Lol. Needless to say it was hilarious and so much fun! I was dancing with my student’s mom and one point in the evening. Enough said. Tonight is the valentine’s banquet for the high school. It is at the same place, a club called Flamingos (the only club on the island/place to hold big parties). Apparently they allow dancing at their banquets, so I have no idea how we are going to supervise over 200 high school students dancing about with raging hormones…that will be interesting. And let me tell you, these girls learn how to move their hips from about the age of 4 because of hula, so by the time they are 17…well ya. They’re good. So we’ll see how tonight goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment