Sunday, November 18, 2012

Embrace your joy.

My greatest fear is my greatest joy.

I fear being too much...

Too loving, independent, passionate oh so passionate, adventurous, uninhibited, spontaneous, ambitious...too much for someone to handle.

This "too much" aspect of myself is the way Jesus created me.  I think His face breaks out into a massive smile (you know the ones where your eyes, nose, and face crinkle and your eyes start to water?) when I have my "too much" moments. He delights in the way that He made me, He finds joy when he sees me be me, and I have found that these are the moments when I find the most joy too.

...Yet I am slowly learning that uninhibitedly embracing me may include always being too much for a guy to handle.

...and...well, I am also slowly learning that that's ok with me.  

That's ok with me, because I would rather live a life of freedom and great uninhibited joy than let someone try to place me in a box that I simply will not fit in

I would rather be alone.

I would rather be alone than be "kind of", "sort of", "some days", or "a little much".

No.

I will be "too much".

I will be me.

...Embrace your joy.

:)

2 comments:

  1. I love your MUCHNESS!!! It helps me define who I am as much as it helps to define you :). Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freedom is contagious. It's why I like hanging out with you, it's why you like hanging out with me. :)

    ReplyDelete