Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dessert for Breakfast.

Last night I baked. I had friends over. We laughed and smiled. We ate ice cream with forks and watched Youtube videos.

I felt joy. 

I have missed friendship.

I thought of something I read the other day, “Find someone that can make you laugh and don’t give up on them”.

I hope they don’t give up on me.

Long after they left I sat alone…
I thought. I hurt. I questioned. I tried to understand anything. Plucking at my guitar I sang for what felt like hours.

Music heals me. Kind of like chocolate and friends…kind of like being loved.
                                                                                                                     

This morning I drank tea with my best friend. I shared my heart with her. It was beautiful.

I felt hope. Hope in the freedom of finally being able to confess hopelessness. 

I have missed friendship.

I thought, "Find someone you can be transparent with and don't give up on them".

I hope she doesn’t give up on me.

Hours after we left I found myself suddenly bent over in front of my mirror. Forcing myself to stand up, forcing myself to breathe.

“You are beautiful. You are strong.” I found myself repeating the words to myself over again and again under the vague hope that repetition eventually leads to truth.

It doesn’t.
                                                                                                                      
So I did the only thing I could. I pulled out the left over memories from the night before. Pumpkin spice fall crunch cake, made with friendship and giggles.  And I cut out a piece…



Because…well sometimes you just need to eat dessert for breakfast. 
 

8 comments:

  1. I love you precious girl, and wish you could see you, through my eyes. You are very, very special for soooo many reasons, beautiful both inside and out!!!!!! Love you pamaram xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to be together this morning! I missed you. This is going to be a good year. I can just feel it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I WILL NEVEr give up! I love you all the way! Always!

      Delete
    2. Haha, "Unknown" ey? Well ALEXANDRA PAULSEN you better not! ;)

      Delete
  3. You are stronger & more beautiful than you know Courtney, because Jesus is your God & his spirit rests on you, in you, goes before you...
    I am blessed by your beauty & strength from the other side of the world!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Australian sister! I love you heaps girl. Thanks for all the love half way across the world. Xox!

      Delete
  4. I agree with you, "you are beautiful. You are strong." And, I love dessert for breakfast. I'm also glad you wrote again, I missed you on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anthony. Lets have a chat soon, ya? Miss you friend.

      Delete