Monday, November 9, 2009

Kisses, Karaoke, and Strange Green Substances..

So we had the school fair yesterday. It was SO fun! I was kind of worried about it because it wasn’t very organized, but it turned out great! The fourth graders made a kissing booth and it was adorable! I personally think our booth looked the best (it was covered with hearts and checkered red and pink papers the kids decorated that said things like “kiss me” on them), but then there is a huge possibility that my opinion is very biased. :) I turned into Miss Breann the make-up artist and with my oh so limited artistic and make-up abilities covered four of my boys and three girls with lipstick and hearts all over their faces. They looked soo cute! A customer would come to our booth pay fifty cents to have that special someone kissed, and then an eager 4th grade kisser covered in melting makeup would race off to find their next love victim. Haha then that person could come to our booth and pay fifty cents to find out who kissed them (we had a top secret love book with the names in it of course). It ended up being really cute. I think my favorite booth (besides ours OF COURSE) might have been the “love connection” booth. Haha you could pay to have two people handcuffed for like ten minutes. It was great. Definitely had some good laughs over that one! Then there was jail. Of course. Joy got sent to jail like eight times and I just kept laughing at her. It was great. Then at the end of the day the high school kids put like six of us sm’s in the jail. We thought this was fairly normal until suddenly water balloons started splattering everywhere. Next thing I knew an entire trashcan of water was being thrown on us innocent jailbirds. Once this happened every child felt it their responsibility to dump as much water as possible on their beloved teachers. After about the fourth bucket of water, twenty water balloons, and ten water bottles I escaped by crawling through some of the mesh and forcing the door open. This led to a jail wide prisoner escape and a huge water fight. Then to top it all off, it started raining outside. I was DRIPPING wet. I swear I had no idea who half of these children were haha I was yelling, “I don’t even KNOW you!!! Who are you?!?!? What have I ever done to you?!?!” and the kids were just laughing and spraying me more. One time I turned around just in time to see a child throw an old ice cream bucket straight at my face. Just as this was happening I thought, “that’s not water..that’s green..” During this moment I should have been thinking, “I should probably close my eyes because a liquid is being spewn in my face” unfortunately my previous inquires of the green substance ended up being true. For whatever was thrown at my face was indeed not water. This was confirmed by my eyes stinging for the next two minutes. I was in the heat of battle, however, and could not take the time to feel sorry for myself, or question what exactly this green substance was. Needless to say it was an eventful day :)
On a completely unrelated note, Asians LOVE karaoke. I’ve always known this, but not at all to this extent. Haha! A couple nights ago a group of us went to this resteraunt called coco marina that is right on the water and pretty much just a hut. There aren’t walls or anything. If that isn’t awesome enough, they had live karaoke going. Lets just say that I ROCKED some mamma mia soundtrack with the help of three back up dancers! :) I also made Andrew (another sm here) sing grease with me, and desperately missed my brother (no one rocks grease like the crook children, we’re pretty much an unstoppable team). The best part of the night however was when MJ (in previous blogs I have referred to her as Joy my favorite Filipino but since there are two Joys I’ve decided to call her MJ so no one gets confused!) started BELTING out “I will Survive” by Aretha Franklin. Oh. my word. Those Filipinos do NOT mess around when it comes to karaoke. I was laughing uncontrollably in between my soul filled back up singing and disco dance moves. It was great. :)
I absolutely love MJ and her family. I’ve been spending a lot of time with them lately and have enjoyed it so much. It’s really nice. I feel like I have some family here. Some days I just want family time, so I go hang out with them and play with Hailey, MJ’s adorable little girl. :) Well I’m going to go fry up some delicious eggplant I just bought. I have actually been cooking here. And the crazy thing is…I can actually kind of cook! I’m surprised with myself, and a little proud I’m not going to lie haha. Oh! and I received some fall decorations and leaves in the mail and was SOO excited! Hurray for seasons! Thank you for all your prayers and packages and love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment