Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sabbath and Wallets..

How do people survive without Sabbath? I truly and honestly do not understand. It is so amazing, and one of the greatest and thoughtful gifts that Jesus gave us. Friday night we went to kitchi (the church on the other side of he island) for vespers and it was so fun! J we played this bible acting game and I was loving life if you can imagine. J we played the party game, and I had to act like I was the second coming haha so I was marching around trumpeting and singing GLORY at everything and being raised from the dead and running and jumping. It was fun and the kids were laughing so hard, it was great. Then today we went to church which was actually really nice today and had a WONDERFUL meal at Mrs. V’s house. She cooked all night last night and this morning for us. It was delicious! I have decided that phillipino food is amazing. AND she made pumpkin pie!! I about exploded with excitement. J I decided that it was an answer to prayer considering that I have desperately been missing the seasons so much haha. After that, one of the locals, Joy came over and the girls next door and we “danced like david” before the Lord. Haha it was soo fun! We were blaring gospel music, and doing the electric slide haha and making up dance moves. It was great J after that we went to sakus ridge to watch the sun go down. That was CRAZY. Ok, so we climbed this ridge about a month ago, I think I blogged about it. anyway, it is ridiculously steep, like we’re talking amazing glutes workout to the max haha. Anyway, there were about 16 of us in the back of Jon’s Ford truck and he was like, “you guys don’t have to climb, we’ll just drive up” I was thinking there is NO way that a vehical of any sorts can make it up this rocky steep trail. Especially with 16 people sitting in the back just like on the edges. I’m a Chevy girl, but I must say that that Ford did America proud today. It was soo crazy! I felt like I was on a Disney land ride especially when we drove down it at night time. It was like the Indiana jones ride but real life haha. The craziest thing was when we were driving up and going pretty fast and one of the tires like went of the edge of the trail for a second cuz its really steep and narrow. Anyway we were all like OH MY GOODNESS haha cuz if one of us fell or the truck slipped we would have all pretty much plummeted to our deaths.. anyway needless to say it was quite fun and a beautiful sunset.

            When we got back to the school everyone wanted to go get ice cream but I had already had my share of pumpkin pie for the day so I decided to stay back. I ended up going over to Mrs. V’s house next door where she lives with her daughter and son in law and their ADORABLE little one and a half year old hailey and hang out. J we watched wolverine and chatted and I ate left overs J it was really nice. It was cool having like “family” time. I really enjoyed it. then after that I wandered down to the gym cuz I saw a lot of people. I guess it was an open gym night for the church or something, it was SO fun! I attempted to play volley ball with the locals (I really need to learn how to play haha) and then started playing basketball. THAT was fun J I was playing with these like eight grade and freshman boys and it was soo fun! Haha they were like “Miss! Miss!” whenever I made a shot, and I mean “Miss” as in Miss Breann, not as in ball don’t go into the basket. J it was great, UNTIL I sprained my ankle. Apparently playing basketball in crocs and no ankle brace on your bad ankle isn’t the greatest idea. Haha it isn’t too bad, I walked it off and am icing it now. It is rather swollen though. Oh well, I’m thinking it should be fine in a few days. Hopefully cuz it looks like I’m starting my exercise class this Wednesday! I’m really excited about that! I’ll have to let everyone know how that goes. I’m going to teach yoga and pilates two Wednesdays out of the month and Joy (Mrs. V’s daughter who lives next door and has the adorable little girl haily) is going to teach hip-hop and belly dancing the other two. Haha I guess she used to be an instructor in the phillipines J its going to be really fun.

            On a creepier thought, I was freaking out tonight. So last week when my roommate Natalia was in her bedroom with the door shut and the rest of our apartment left to watch a basketball game some man broke into our apartment and took joy’s (different Joy) wallet. Natalia had no idea he was in our apartment, and when we came back one of the administers daughters told us they saw a guy come out of our apartment. Anyway, Joy called and cancelled her credit card the next day, and found out that right after she had cancelled it someone had tried to use it three times. THEN tonight (like three days after this all happened) I was going through my duffle bag under my bed that is full of all my medicine to get something, when what is at the bottom of my bed? Joy’s wallet. I was like no way. AND her card is in it. so we don’t know if some weirdo broke back into our apartment to return the wallet and then decided to hide it in my random bag under my bed, or what. Maybe he just took the card info and then hid it under my bed? I don’t know the whole thing is weird cuz her wallet was in her bag out in our living room so why would he then put it at the bottom of my medicine bag in my bedroom? Its just all weird.

            Anyway, I think I’m going to get some sleep! J haha and try my best not to think about creepy guys watching me sleep or breaking into our apartment. Anyway, the main point of this blog is that Jesus rocks, and I love Sabbath J hope everyone is doing amazing back home. Much love. 

1 comment:

  1. So that post is really long and i'm just running out the door but just wanted to let you know that i'm thinkin about you and support you...i skimmed over it and it sounds like you're having an amazing time can't wait to see you when you get back in the states...much love, bye for now my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete